'Verily, this brotherhood of yours is one brotherhood, and I am your only Lord. Therefore serve Me. Men have divided themselves, but to Us they shall return. He that does good works in the fullness of his faith, his endeavours shall not be lost: We record them all.'
- Holy Qur'an, 21:92-94
UMF Community Development events provide an opportunity for the Muslim community with a safe space to discuss, learn and network with one another so they may be able to identify ways in which the Muslim community can positively impact their society. These events bring together Muslims of all backgrounds in efforts to overcome difficulties and celebrate bonds of unity.
Community Development events are identified, organized and hosted as needs arise in our local community. Community Development events hosted by UMF include:
- Renting out parks like Fun Spot and Universal Studios exclusively to celebrate Eid.
- Youth picnics with icebreakers, sports and a BBQ cookoff.
- Intra-Faith iftars and Eid Luncheons.
- Interfaith seminars, events and Thanksgivings with various churches.
- Pink Morning Coffee: Muslim women from different mosques coming together on a common platform of women's health: spiritual, emotional and physical.
- Ishqe Rasul: Naat Night bringing together members of the community from all walks of life, including youth & elders from a variety of different cultural backgrounds, for a relaxing Valentines Day evening with stimulating verses of poetry on the Allah (SWT) and His Prophet (SAW) and a delicious cuisine.
- Mothers and Daughters – Building Bonds Before University event focusing on the strengths and struggles of university life, encouraging attendees to strengthen family and community bonds and to work together as peace activists.
- Securing Your Financial Future seminar encouraging Muslims to network over dinner and discuss the importance of halal investing.
- Connecting local Muslim businesses and retailers with Muslim consumers through the Guides Discount Card.
To learn about Community Development events currently underway, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.